Distribution Automatique

Friday, April 4

Write about talking.
as
"the talking cure"
Antin- etc.
365 days 365 pages
Even interval of time provides
the "subjective correlative"

Writing in the 20th century like living on a roller-coaster. Time itself is changing so fast, meaning an awareness of its value also increases as awareness increases.

A poet's notes for a series of poems of 365 days. Can include real and imaginary documents. How to include the imaginary documents.

During the period the poet feels stretched to the limit in a moral conflict.

The diary idea, structured that way is too rigid. I'm reaching for something there, though. Poe's idea means to simply begin at the beginning. McGann on the value of footnotes. See... the sea, as in the Holy See..Spreading out your cards.

Poe- my heart laid bare
my work laid bare

Face it- moments of writing seized through some form of temporal tactic. "Where would I find the time?" Barrett asked (Ototole).

I look out at the "social world." Yes, I see terrible monstrous headlines." Yet every human being
(6/18/87)