Distribution Automatique

Wednesday, September 10

1/29/99

And *you*
what do *you* know
about

caring
words
loving
whatever

what do you even know
about you?

touching
the frame of the face
without really
knowing

what do you even think
about
you?

what matters?

Anyway
the silence says
as much as
even could be said

what even
should be
said

how little is
permitted

how little even
breathing
is permitted?

yet again
how do you challenge
a killer?
when life itself
is a killer

all going backward
into no purpose
which is how
the original words
were said

the breath
grew longer
and deeper

2.

I know about
italics
at least
recently

copying from
whatever is
at hand is
at least
as generous
(a way of
talkiing
brings with it
its own silence)

which means
I can
talk to you
in your

language. Not
for you
not to you
not of you
no by
you

Caring loving words
are one thing
not all are

I know I'm
trying
that much I
know

and I know one
thing that's
important

the places that
you put things
are important

to be clear: you
could
lose them

an answer:
that chapter's
closed