Distribution Automatique

Monday, March 5

Thanks to

Jilly Dybka Poetry Hut
and Sandra Torres Gota a Gota (Drop by Drop) for their (recent)
links.

(The *fait accompli* link list will appear on this blog soon).

*********

Elwood P. Dowd (played by James Stewart) in *Harvey*: "Mother always said, in this life you must be either very smart or very pleasant. I tried smart for awhile, but then I switched to pleasant and I never regretted it."

"Hope is definitely not the same thing as optimism. It is not the conviction that something will turn out well, but the certainty that something makes sense, regardless of how it turns out."
Vaclav Havel

*************

from *Killing Floor* by Ray DiPalma


"FURTHER APOCRYPHA"

"Cries and processions put a public face on things;
this designation is corroborated only by silence

So I’ve been checking around for hints of evidence,
copied formulas, neutral grids blank and ancient,
organizing a memory to document,
as it passes into the listening,
—a surge of impressions
indifferent to fame and death—
that describe an answer but offer none

one dit issue seven Ray DiPalma

*******************

Shampoo 29 is here

******************
Between a Rock and a Hard Look

Went to a podiatrist once who told me things about orthotics- protective shoe inserts for your feet- I never knew. "Where've I been?" I said innocently. "Under a rock" he said, in a surprisingly nasty tone of voice. Well, maybe that's how you get from looking at people's feet all day. Actually he made a damn good pair of orthotics I stil use sometimes.

I, for one, until yesterday never got out from under my rock to take a good look at Big Bridge, or if I did, didn't bother to fully check it out. Here is the latest edition and all the earlier archives. The mag is well worth it, even if only for the many terrific author photos. Check out all the earlier editions at

Big Bridge archives

The current issue is here Big Bridge #12

By the way, I found out just how good Big Bridge is by discovering this terrific piece by Anne Waldman-
War Crime-
in
wood s lot (which is how I uisually try to
get out from under my rock, almost every day, and take a good hard look into the present and the past.)